Montclair school counselors have high expectations of the school counseling program establishing a safe, collaborative, and nurturing environment where all students are academically and socially prepared for career and college readiness in the middle school, the high school, and years beyond.
The mission of the counseling program at Montclair Elementary School is to provide a comprehensive and development school counseling program which prepares all students to be lifelong learners. Our students will be successful, quality, and able to use all of their Multiple Intelligences and Life skills to meet the challenges of the twenty-first century. Our program promotes the academic, personal/social, and career development competencies of the entire diverse student population. Our collaborative team of counselors, students, staff, parents, and community promotes an atmosphere of support, safety, and respect for all.
· As professional school counselors serving Montclair Elementary, we believe:
· All students can be successful
· All students have access to a comprehensive, developmental school counseling program
· All students should be respected and valued, including race, ethnicity,gender, abilities, disabilities, religion, home language, and socio-economic status
· School counseling is an essential and integral part of the overall educational process
· The school counseling program, which is concerned with all students, has a goal of being collaborative, proactive, and responsive.
· Data should be used to drive the program